Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


It's been a fun Christmas season here at the McKown household! Much more exciting with a toddler than an infant, I'd have to say! We decided to get our first "real" tree. I don't think I'll go back to artificial now. I'd forgotten how the smell of a fresh evergreen brings back childhood Christmas memories! Now about watering it all the time, that I could do without! We decided to get a tree at Home Depot instead of the Christmas tree farm. Why spend twice the amount when you can get one for $36! We will save that for when Kierstyn will remember going on the hunt for one :) We found the perfect one at the store that we agreed on in no more than 5 minutes. I was very impressed!

We decided to get new tree lights this year - LED's. Who can resist energy savings?! We got 200 warm white and 200 colored. Well, after we got them all on they were so neon we thought we'd need sunglasses. So we (mostly me!) decided to take back the colored ones and keep just the white ones. It's so cozy in here with the tree and our new "fake" fireplace, which is so fun! It was a late anniversary present/early christmas present to ourselves. Totally worth the money :) And we can't forget baby Keeks! She was such a good girl this year I decided to get her a tree of her own. Of course it is all girly and glam and she loves it! She loves when the lights are on but she knows not to touch. She'll even say "tree - no no no" while shaking her pointer finger. She makes me smile!

We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and is making good memories of your own!

7 comments:

cheryl said...

xxoo...I LOVE your fake fireplace and your real tree! : )

Elisha said...

i cant believe thats a faux fireplacee! its HONKING!
SIDE NOTE:
I was thinking about you this week bc SOMEHOW... this phrase came up "DID YOU SAY STEEAAAK???" oh PLEASE say you remember that one! hahahaha

Amy said...

I wanna fake fireplace! How much did you pay for it? (or...how much is it regular price so I can keep my eye out for one and get a coupon!) You did get it at Lowe's right??

And Elisha...she remembers it. :)

One more thing....you said a fresh evergreen brings back childhood memories? Where were YOU living as a child? Because I don't remember ANY real trees in our house...HA!

cheryl said...

Amy dear...you were too busy worrying about what your sister was getting in her presents...and if you were getting that too! Ha!!

We went out every year and cut a fresh tree the years we lived in Kansas City. You don't remember that? Dad cut the top of a 30' tree off...b/c the bottom was ugly. We walked to the very BACK of the tree farm to find it...then had to take turns dragging it back up to pay for it. Oh that's right...you were probably lagging behind b/c you didn't like to help us carry heavy objects! ha!

And yes, Elisha...she remembers it! We say it often! lol!

Ally and Adam said...

yes i remember the steak comment, of course. i think we just said it a few weeks ago :) Amy, the fireplace was from lowes. I think it was like $650 regular price??? I got it on sale and with an extra 10 or 15% off with a welcome to your new home packet - you can pick one up at your post office. it's stuck in there with the change of address forms. I think the fireplace ended up being $550. We LOVE it! totally worth it to me.

cheryl said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS...2011 AND 2012...MAYBE EVEN 2013! Ha!!!

Elisha said...

BOOO... no new pics... its APRIL girl! :)